Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 14 Post-op...

     Went for a check up yesterday. He removed the wires that were keeping my mouth shut. I was disappointed though because the elastics he replaced the wires with are just as tight. Unfortunately, I have a very bad gage reflex and when anything is wrong with my mouth or breathing I can't eat anything warm. This has limited me to smoothies, milkshakes and instant breakfasts. All of these are great but when that's all I get to eat for the past two weeks. It's not so great. I was really looking forward to eating scrambled eggs, over cooked spaghetti and soft pancakes. The Doc. did say that the bands will be coming off next Tuesday and my mouth will be completely free. I'll just need to wear bands at night (so much more manageable)
     Because of the lack of calories and fat in my food I have dropped about 15lbs just in the past 13 days. That's almost a pound a day. I am a little over weight. So, I don't mind losing, but losing this fast is not always the best. I have been trying to make sure anything I eat/drink has a good amount of calories in it to keep my strength up. A good way to do that is any milkshake or smoothie I make I add a instant breakfast to. Most instant breakfasts are made to have the nutrition of a good breakfast but be in a convenient little drink pack.
     One problem I have definitely been having is: for the past two days I have felt well enough to want to do the things I used to. I don't have enough energy though. This is causing me to feel frustrated and worthless. I don't like not being able to help my family! Hopefully this will come to pass as I get my strength back.

3 comments:

  1. Your heart is in the right place by wanting to help your family, and they know that, so don't feel frustrated or worthless.....your body just needs time to heal. Keep your chin up!! (no pun intended....LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (keep your chin up!!) HAHAHAHA very funny! Yeah I'm doing a lot better now. Thanks and love you lots:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude... maybe I need to get my mouth wired shut. I could stand to lose 15 pounds in 13 days! I'm glad you're doing okay, Bebo! Love you!

    ReplyDelete