Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wuzz-up guys,
   just like I said in my last entry, here is a list of things I will be using to eat and be eating after my double jaw sugery. Because of all the bones and nerves they'll be messing with, I won't be able to eat anything harder then baby food for at least 6 weeks and then nothing harder then soft mac-n-cheese for probally another 5 weeks. Based on what the Doc. said I might not be able to eat any real hard food for probally 6 months after the surgery. My mom is helping me out a lot though. We  have found some good and yummy recipes to use during recovery. One thing I really want to try is a blended pizza and cheeseburger :) Well, I think I'm rambling.....So on to the pics!

 
Because of the numbness in the lip/jaw area, eating normaly is not a option. The doctors usually advises small medicine syringes, but my mother and I have found a better idea from another jaw sugery blogger. Condiment Bottles!!! I have one for drinks (I'm taking this one to the hospital), one for savory (like soups and other well seasoned foods) and one for sweets like milkshakes and my smoothies. 
 
The funny looking thing at the bottom right of the picture are frozen bananas.
I just took a couple dozen bananas that had started to get lot of brown spot on them, cut into thirds and froze'em. Because I let them ripen so much before freezing they will taste way better.
Simple Smoothie Recipe (for recovery):
  1 ripe banana
  1/2 c. plain yogurt
  1 c. frozen strawberries
  1 c. frozen tri-berries (raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
  1 package vanilla Carnation Breakfast Essentials
  *add as much water, juice or milk as you want till right consistency.
 

 
Both of these will help me keep my protein intake almost normal. I'll be adding the vanilla to the smoothies and the chocolate to the milkshakes.
   I personally love peanutbutter and jellies. So, my mom and I came up with a way to try having them after the surgery. I'll take one bottle and put a peanutbutter milkshake in it. Then in another one I'll put juiced down jelly:) My mom also got me an Immersion Blender. This is a hand held blender that allows you to put the blender in the food instead of putting the food into the blender. Being able to blend this way will make eating a lot easier. Well, I'm not sure what I'll be talking about tomorrow but have a good day:D Cio!

2 comments:

  1. If you blend in some marshmallow cream into your peanut butter shake you'll have a fluffer nutter!

    ReplyDelete